MiFinity are looking for a Postgres Database Administrator to join our IT team in either Dublin or Malta.
We are looking for a candidate with the requisite knowledge, experience and skills to manage our production databases. We have big ambitions for the business and therefore we are seeking a person that shares these ambitions.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
- Experience working with AWS RDS Postgres.
- Postgresql - Jasper server – JasperStudio
- Metabase system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-Motivated Individual with the ability to work in a team and on own initiative
- Ability to work on projects with multiple working streams and competing deadlines
- Monitor performance of database systems resources and query throughput
- Optimize SQL Code as necessary
- Monitor and maintain database storage resources
- Monitor and maintain database maintenance plans for backups, index rebuild/defragment, and database statistics
- Perform database upgrades and maintenance as required
- Maintain database documentation as required
- Maintain and administer database security access
- Perform database Ad-hoc backups and restores
- Trouble shoot and resolve database connectivity issues
- Follow Change Management processes to implement database configuration changes
- Follow Problem Management processes to troubleshoot and resolve recurring issues
- Assist the BI team with reporting requirements, driven from data warehousing.
- 2+ years’ experience preferably in a similar role
- Experience working with Linux
- Scripting experience
- Experience working in a PCI/financial services environment
Senior Java Developer
MiFinity are looking for an experienced, creative and innovative Senior JAVA Developer to join our Development team in Malta or Dublin.
We are looking for candidates who would be responsible for building Java applications. This includes anything between complex groups of back-end services and their client-end (desktop and mobile) counterparts. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
You will be joining a brilliant team of software developers, full of energy, ambition and passion. Working together with your development team, you will be involved in building great products whilst working closely with Product Owners and stakeholders to understand requirements which will result in delivering the right thing.
Reporting To: Chief Technology Officer
All applications will be treated in strict confidence
- Develop new in-house products
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into feasible functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Write clean code supported with unit testing modules
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, scalability and responsiveness of the applications
- Document features and share knowledge within the team
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization including undertaking peer code reviews
- Perform integrations with 3rd party applications
- Minimum 5+ years of JAVA enterprise software experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Self-Motivated Individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills having the ability to work in a team and on own initiative
- Experience with JAVA SE, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Caching methodologies and Database Design would be considered as a great plus
- Ability to write clean code with an eye for performance and scalability
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with CI and Source control systems such as Jenkins and Stash
- SQL database experience
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various software design principles and architectural patterns behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemes that represent and support business processes
- Experience in financial software development will be considered an asset.
- Desirable to have experience with RabbitMQ & Docker
- Experience in working within a microservice architectural approach
Senior Fraud Manager
After a period of exceptional growth, Mifinity, the online payments company, are now looking for an experienced Senior Fraud Manager to join our operations team in Dublin
We are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious individual with relevant industry experience in Payments Fraud Operations.
- Relationship building and influencing skills.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail in written documentation.
- Organisational skills and time management.
- Communication skills – able to articulate a business vision or requirement through multiple busi-ness functions and at differing management levels.
- Presentation skills – written, visual, and verbal.
- Meeting/workshop facilitation.
- Leadership skills – able to bring multi-functional groups together to work towards a common goal.
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve targets and deliverables
- Project planning skills.
- 3-6 years hands-on experience in a Fraud operations role in any of the following types of pay-ments service providers; online bank, merchant acquirer, fraud monitoring service provider, payment gateway service provider.
- Understanding of fraud monitoring controls, fraud detection, root cause analysis, mitigation and triaging of new and ongoing payment fraud events.
- Knowledge of how payments businesses develop and implement comprehensive fraud detection strategies and business rules balancing fraud loss, cost of execution, and customer experience.
- Experience in supporting root cause analysis to identify opportunities to predict, prevent, and mitigate risk within process and performance
- Defining and tracking core metrics, SLAs, and performance of the Fraud team.
- Identify gaps in current systems, policies and strategies, and recommends enhancements and process improvements to mitigate emerging fraud risks through a collaborative approach with stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable of payments fraud investigation processes, dispute and chargeback manage-ment, reporting (regulatory and business)
- Knowledge and experience in implementing change within Payment Fraud Operations.
- Ability to build partnerships and work in a collaborative environment.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to motivate and drive strategy execution.
- Creative problem solver, capable of developing innovative and differentiated solutions.
- Ability to lead requirements gathering and documentation with teams across geographies.
Senior Digital Acquisition Manager
MiFinity seeks an analytical, creative and highly motivated Senior Digital Acquisition professional to join our team. As a successful hire for this hands-on, high-impact role, you should be a self-starter with a passion for independent thinking and possess solid problem-solving skills. In addition, you will have proven data analysis skills, show strong ownership and commitment, have proven leadership experience and bring relevant insights into high-growth marketing.
Reporting directly to the CMO, as the Senior Digital Acquisition Manager, you will lead the development and execution (full cycle) of all digital activities across all owned channels and projects. You will achieve the organisation's marketing objectives and campaign KPIs. You will drive our app marketing campaigns, digital content production and community-building efforts across all our internal and external projects. Define geo-specific narratives, value propositions and product benefit messaging. You accept the unknown, and you're able to strategize and execute ground breaking initiatives that will drive us forward and make us stand out as a Fintech industry leader.
This is a hybrid/remote position.
- You have +5 years of experience building out unique acquisition and testing strategies geared at optimising conversion, activation, subscription, and revenue - both on and off-platform
- Strong understanding of customer user engagement and retention revenue business models
- Work to understand and optimise the customer journey
- Build, measure and personalise touch points to encourage customer engagement and conversion funnelling
- Possess a deep understanding of A/B testing and data-driven optimisation marketing
- Analyse program performance metrics
- Develop campaign documentation
- Significant experience managing automation and engagement platforms such as Clevertap and AppsFlyer
- Experience in site analytics, customer pathing, app, email and SMS marketing
- Familiar with database marketing, customer segmentation and customer lifecycle management
- Demonstrable solid experience in managing App, PPC, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns
- In-depth understanding of how to interpret (and improve) advertising metrics (CPM, CPC, CTR, CPV quality score, etc.)
- Contribute to overall business and marketing strategy to help the organisation achieve short and long-term goals
- Share app market research insights with the organisation, utilising app intelligence.
- In partnership with our internal creative team, develop best practices for app creative
- Distribute thought leadership on app strategy internally
- Build client-facing in-app analytics dashboards with technical support from our BI team
- Proven track record of increasing in-app lifetime value in the Fintech vertical and must have experience optimising beyond just app acquisition (in-app events and user quality) and applying retention strategies
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver projects, priorities, schedules, and deliverables
- You are an analytical problem solver with a track record of success in developing and optimising digital marketing strategies and programs that drive customer acquisition
- You exhibit a strategic approach and the ability to lead the development and cross-functional execution of effective marketing programs
- Works collaboratively under pressure, with experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects
- You contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, constantly evolving environment and are willing to roll up your sleeves and tackle whatever task is necessary.
- You possess extraordinary communication and presentation skills and can deliver impactful presentations at all levels of the organisation
- You create, build, and cultivate positive interpersonal relationships across teams, are flexible in nature, able to tackle challenges and even keep a sense of humour
- Strategist by nature
- Very competitive salary
- Company bonus enrolment
- Flexible remote/hybrid working environments
- Pension scheme with company match
- Private health and dental cover
- 4 weeks of vacation
- Major national holidays off
Customer Service Assistant
Mifinity UK Limited are looking for an experienced Customer Service Assistant to join our Client Services team in Belfast.
You will be working in a small but highly successful team to achieve targets and provide the best standard of service to both internal and external stakeholders. You will manage a variety of customer scenarios. You will run reports, provide an excellent standard of service, and provide expert business knowledge also. Full training is provided.
To succeed in this role, the successful candidate will have a strong background within a customer contact environment. The candidate will have proven experience working with high volume calls and paperwork and who can adopt a positive approach to challenging situations.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
- Answering customer queries over email helpdesk.
- Achieve and maintain service to a performance standard: average handling time, resolution, and customer satisfaction.
- Providing a high level of customer service to customers, working with them to resolve their queries.
- Reviewing customer bank verification documentation and ensuring complete records are obtained in accordance with MiFinity practices and processes.
- Reporting issues to line manager to investigate and prevent further issues re-occurring.
- Customer Retention
- Handling customer complaints in a professional and amiable way, in line with procedures
- Deal courteously and effectively with enquiries or requests from customers and clients.
- Process customer/client information in accordance with processes and procedures
- Ensure that you comply with the industry regulations in line with business requirements.
- Collating information from the customers into daily/weekly reports
- Ad hoc duties if and when required.
- At 2 years+ Customer Service experience within a financial services environment (desirable but not essential)
- Native or fluent in Polish, German or Italian represents a major advantage, but not a must
- Willingness to work weekends and on a rota / shift pattern style schedule
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Strong team spirit with a passion and drive to help users and to deliver the best customer experience.
- Ability to address customer requests with effective solutions and a positive attitude on emails/calls/chat.
- Proactive problem-solving experience.
- Empathetic and can communicate in a caring and friendly manner.
- Ability to work with systems you may not have come across before
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptable, receptive to feedback and eager to learn new things.
- Keen attention to detail ensuring no errors in content.
- Experience in working towards targets/KPI’s is preferred.
- Self-starter, can easily adapt to change (new functionality, changing policies)
- Flexible and adaptable
- Additional languages would be a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- 20 days paid annual leave.
- Private medical Insurance